After you send a group message, PastorsLine logs the statistics of that send. Part of those statistics are duplicates and failed numbers. We have made the failed numbers statistic more accurate:
1. We identify the failed numbers (numbers that we could not send to) as landlines or unformatted numbers.
2. On the next group message, in addition to the duplicates as before, we do not attempt to send to those failed numbers (landlines + unformatted numbers). This saves you credits.
Automatic Email Alerts
PastorsLine used to automatically send you an email with the statistics of each group message sent. To do this, we turned the Automated Group Statistics Email Alerts default to On for everyone.
Some churches felt that they were getting too many of these notification emails.
The default is now Off. In other words, you will not automatically receive emails 'pinging' you about sent group messages. The information will still be logged in PastorsLine and is accessible via your Dashboard.
If you want to receive such emails, you will need to actually turn on this option.
Viewing your group message Sent Statistics
You can view your group message "Sent Statistics" through the Analytics page, under Logs, and then choose the SMS OUTBOX (Group) messages logs. You can also adjust the date range, and then click "SHOW".
Next, you can click the analytics icon to view that group message's statistics.
When you click on the "undelivered message" icon next to the word "skipped", it will tell you why that message was skipped.
Here are the most common reasons why your message might be marked as "skipped":
- it's known landline
- it's not formatted correctly / Not a real number
- The contact is a Duplicate
- The contact Opted out from receiving messages from you
*This is not recommended, but you can "Delete Failed Contacts" by clicking the button below the group statistics summary. Clicking this would delete the failed contacts from your account (and would actually delete all contacts having that same number).