If you have collected your subscribers’ birthdays when they opted-in to your SMS list via data capture, or if you enabled two-way syncing of DOB, you can use that data to personally wish them many happy returns on their special day. Here are the easy-to-do steps: (For a "Ninja Trick" if you would like to send Automated SMS using dates other than DOB: Planning Center users, check out this article HERE)
The PastorsLine system sends personalized birthday wishes on each church member’s special day.
How to get to the new SMS/birthday campaign page
After you log in to PastorsLine...
Click on Create New (top item in left-hand most column). The Create New box will open.
By default, you will be in the All tab. You can search for your campaign type here OR...
Step 3: Click on the Campaigns tab. This will narrow down your options for easier selection.
Step 4: Click on SMS Birthday.
The SMS Birthday page will open.
OPTION 1: Do you like to learn by watching? Here is a walkthrough video:
OPTION 2: Walkthrough
1. Type your BIRTHDAY CAMPAIGN NAME on the relevant line.
2. Click on the downward arrow to select the group you have already set up with contacts whose birthdays you have from the list OR click on the purple "Add new" button to create a new group for this campaign.
3. Type out your personal Birthday message using merge fields for that extra personal touch
4. Click on the purple downward arrow to choose your "Sending as" number.
5. Toggle on the 'STOP to END' if desired.
6. Click on the default send time to reveal the menu. Edit the send time as desired. Your message will be sent at the time you chose based on the time zone in your PastorsLine profile [Settings --> User settings --> My Profile]. This is important to keep in mind if your church team is located in different time zones.
The default send time is 7AM PST / 9AM CST / 10AM EST
7. Select your # of days before birthday. Keeping the number at "0" will send the message ON their birthday at 9am. You can change that number to 1 to send the day before, or 2 to send 2 days before and so on.
8. Click Save and your birthday SMS campaign is ready to go!
To update your contact's DOB:
Currently, there are three ways to update the DOB in your contact's profile. Manual, through a data capture or by enabling two-way syncing of DOB.
To update the DOB in your contact's profile manually, follow these steps:
Step 1: Click on People view (person icon in image to the left).
Step 2: Choose the person whose birthdate you wish to edit. Their details will open to the right.
Step 3: Scroll down the Individual Details panel to find Birthday. Hover around this line until the purple Edit appears (brown box in image to the left). Click on it.
Step 4: Type in the new birthdate.
Step 5: Click Save to complete your action.
Using our birthday SMS campaigns is a powerful way to connect even more with your guests and members!