Here is how to create an Automated message campaign:
1. You can go to the campaigns page and select “Create Automated Messages”
2. Name your campaign something that will be easy to identify the purpose of this campaign.
3. The “Edit Triggers” option allows you to choose how a person is entered into the campaign. They can be entered by texting a keyword, by finishing an auto data capture campaign, or by group.
3a. By keyword means anyone who texts your keyword to your number will be entered into this campaign.
3b. By finishing an auto data capture, that means anyone who goes through a data capture you have set up will be entered into this campaign
3c. By Group means anyone who is added to the group will trigger the campaign. *Please note that anyone who is already in the group will not be added to the campaign. Only NEW people who are added to the group will be.
4. Click “Add New” to add a message.
5. Title you message something that will remind you what that message is for – ex. “1st message sent the Monday after”, or “Thank you for visiting – MONDAY”
5a. If this is the first message you are adding to an AMC, there will be a couple extra fields to select. Choose your "Message type"
5b. Then choose the "Timer settings". This cannot be changed once selected. You can choose either evergreen or date based.
6. Click "SAVE" and you will be taken back to the AMC and a new "step" in the campaign will be added. Click anywhere on the message bar or the Drop down icon on the far right.
7. Next, choose your “From” number. Default will automatically send the message from whichever number they texted into. If you have multiple numbers, you can also choose to send from a different number. You might want to use this if you want this message to be from a designated “guest services” number or a “pastor’s” number.
8. Type in your desired message, and take advantage of using merge fields to personalize your message even more! Also, pay close attention to the "To" person that is selected here.
*The message on the right is for anyone who is already in this automated step. To avoid sending someone the same message multiple times, you have the option to send a different message. You can also turn this on and leave it blank to skip sending a message at all.
9. Choose when you want it to be sent. For date specific campaigns, select the date and time you want the message sent.
For Evergreen, select either "Send After" or "Immediately". Specify the number of days you want the message to wait until it's sent, select Same day, or the desired day of the week, and the time. 0 days means we won’t wait any days, and will send on the next day of the week you chose. The number of days chosen is the number of minimum days we will wait to send your message. The Day of the week is the first day of the week AFTER the number of days you chose to wait. *Message timing is based on the previous step. So message 1 is sent after the person is added to the AMC. Message 2 is sent after message 1 is sent, etc. *For example: If a guest texts your keyword on Sunday, and you want to send a message to them the next day, you would need to put “0” and choose Monday. This tells us you don’t want us to wait ANY days, and you want it to be sent on the FIRST Monday after they texted in. If they didn’t text in until Wednesday, the message would be sent the following Monday.
10. Click “Save” or "Add New" (Both will save the Campaign, Add New just takes you straight into creating the next message)
11. Repeat this process until you have completed your campaign.
Now that you have your AMC, you want people to opt-in. There are three triggers to choose from. Find out about them here.
One excellent use of an AMC is for guest follow-up. Read here about how to create a guest follow-up workflow.