Buying a toll free number with PastorsLine
You can search for local numbers on your numbers page within your PastorsLine dashboard. While PastorsLine and its vendor has a wide range of available numbers, we do not keep toll free numbers with the 800 prefix in stock because these numbers are no longer openly available.
However, there are vanity toll free providers that offer these types of numbers and they can be ported to PastorsLine for free. Examples of such services that customers of PastorsLine have used include:
Additionally, you might want to explore other toll-free or local vanity numbers by other vendors.
Note that some services offer expedited porting to PastorsLine through a “Transfer to RespOrg” option. To take advantage of expedited porting, please enter TWI01 as the RespOrg.
Please note, purchasing a toll free number from one of these services is the first step in moving the number to PastorsLine. After you purchase a number, you’ll need to submit a port request(see below). This is required in order for the number(s) to be configured to route traffic in PastorsLine’s system.
First, you will need to Submit your Porting request. You will need to send the following information and documents to us in order for us to submit your porting request:
- The authorized user or owner’s first and last name.
- The corresponding service address. This must be an actual physical address. PO Boxes are not valid addresses.
- A Letter of Authorization (LOA) signed by the authorized user and/or owner of the number(s). Note that the information on your LOA must match the authorized user name and service address provided by your current carrier. This needs to be sent to us in PDF form.
- We will need the Phone number you are transferring, the account number and the pin (or last 4 digits of the SSN).
- A scanned (or electronic) copy of the most recent phone bill, within the last 30 days, that includes the account, owner/authorized user name, and address information for all the numbers you’d like to port. This needs to be sent to us in PDF form.
- Read the most common reason for rejections to avoid them.
- Please email all the documents and information required to submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject "Porting Request".
Once we have received the above information from you, we will submit your request and it's then in the hands of the carriers. If there are any problems, we will reach out to you and let you know. This process can take up to 4 weeks to complete. As soon as we have a porting date we will let you know.