You can now (in beta) send automated emails using our automated messages campaign.
Here's how to setup an AM campaign with MC Emails.
1. Go to your campaigns Page
2. Click "Create New Campaign"
3. Select "Create Automated Messages" from the drop down menu
4. Name your campaign
5. Edit your triggers - how do you want participants to be entered into this campaign? By Keyword, group, or data capture?
6. Click "add new"
7. Title your message - we recommend naming it something that describes the action that message is doing. ex. 1st email - Welcome new guest or 1st text - welcome text, or Poll - new guest survey, etc.
8. Select "Email" (can also use text or poll in automated message campaigns, but for this article, we are talking about email only)
9. Next, select the "Message Type" (which is MailChimp)
10. Choose your timer settings. Timer: Based on days (evergreen) is the most common. Choose this if you want to send messages based on the number of days after a person has entered the campaign. (ex. messages will be sent on the 1st Monday after the person texted, was added to a group, or completed a data capture - depending on which triggers you have selected) Date-based (one time use) is only if you want to use this campaign one time. This is date specific and after the date has past, it will no longer work. (ex. messages will be sent on December 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)
11. Click "SAVE"
12. Next, it's time to add your messages. Click the drop down arrow at the far right to reveal your message settings.
13. Click "Edit"
and fill out the required information (Subject, From name, from email - this is the section in front of the @ in your email address, and your domain - the second half of your email address and after the @. Domains MUST be verified through mailchimp before messages can be successfully sent)
Select which MailChimp template you wish to use or create a new one (this will redirect you to MailChimp to create a new template)
14. Click "Save" if you are done, or "Add New" to add additional messages.
Here is a more technical video on how to this up as well:
More helpful articles:
Integration: Mailchimp (setup)
Creating A List
Creating A Template
Verify Your Email Domain
Create New List Group
My Mailchimp Subscriber is Labeled as "Cleaned"
What are the different types of contacts in MailChimp?