Here are some things to know:
It is always best to finalize your campaign before you start adding anyone into it, but if you cannot, or you do need to make some changes, please note the following information on what will and will not update when you make these changes.
Editing the message's content (the text box) will apply to everyone who is currently active in that campaign.
You can DELETE any messages in the AMC and those messages will also be deleted for everyone who is currently active in that campaign.
Any dates or times changed in the AMC messages will not update for everyone who is currently active in that campaign. It will only update for NEW people added after these changes are made.
Any new messages added to the campaign will not update for currently active people in the campaign. It will only update for NEW people added after these changes are made.
Your changes will reflect correctly for anyone added after your campaign is ready and finalized.
You need to make changes to dates / times or add new messages to an AMC. However, those will not update for the active contacts in the campaign. So, we have a "ninja trick" you can use.
Basically, you would need to clone the campaign, make the changes needed, REMOVE the names from the current campaign (or delete the campaign altogether which would delete the scheduled messages), and then add the names to this new campaign with the changes.
Step 1: Clone your current Campaign
1. Go to your Campaigns page, and find the campaign you need to clone.
2. Click the Options drop down menu (green arrow below)
3. Click the Clone icon in the actions Menu (blue box below)
4. Next, make the changes you need and click Save.
Step 2: Remove Current Participants from "incorrect" AMC
1. In the Options drop down menu, choose Delete to delete the campaign (orange box shown above), or View to view the active contacts (purple box shown above). Either option you choose removes all scheduled AMC messages from the contacts who are currently in that AMC.
2. To remove the current participants from the "incorrect" AMC, click the View icon in the actions menu (purple box shown above) to view the participants of that AMC. Take note of the participants in this AMC so you can add them to the new AMC later. You can export this list if you need to as well (see Step 3 and you will see the export option next to "remove"). Best case though, these people were added to the AMC by a group trigger and you will be able to add them all at once by that group.
3. Check the check box to select all the participants (or you can check off contacts individually). Then click Remove. Alternatively, choose Export to export this list as a .csv file.
*You may need to change the "show 25 per page" to "show 1,000" to remove everyone all at once vs page by page.
4. It will ask you if you are sure. And if you are, click Remove.
Step 3: Add people to your newly edited / cloned campaign
1. Back on the campaigns page, find your NEW, campaign and under the options menu, click on the Add Contact option (blue box below). The Add Contacts to this Scheduled Message box will open.
2. Search for people via a name, phone number or group (hopefully, your original AMC was connected to a group and you can add them all at once by adding that group to the new AMC).
3. Once the person or group is found and appears on the left hand side of the box, click on that person or group to put them on the add list on the right-hand side.
4. When you are finished selecting people, click on Add to include them in your contacts or group(s).
Of course, planning out your campaigns before you start can help as well. Thanks for understanding.