The above video shows screen from a previous version of PastorsLine. The new screenshots are in the walkthrough below. However, the process is much the same. So, until we have a new video in place, you can get a general idea from watching the above if you wish.
Integrating PastorsLine and Pushpay/CCB gives your church improved communication and better relationships with your church members and first-time guests. Integration also reduces your workload.
You have already created contacts and groups on CCB. You have already captured important data. Why do it all over again? Just integrate with PastorsLine and enjoy the fruits of your previous labors.
On CCB, data is captured via a form. On PastorsLine, it is captured via text message. Easier for you and your subscribers. So, capture the data on PastorsLine and send it back to CCB.
As your church grows with PastorsLine, you will most likely be adding new subscribers and new groups. All this can be synced back to CCB, keeping both apps up-to-date.
How to set up the integration
PART A – CCB
1. Login to your CCB account. NOTE: You will need to login as an administrator (or as someone with admin privileges) to create a new API user.
2. Click on ‘Settings’ (Gear Icon). Click on ‘API’. Note: if you do NOT see the option to select 'API', you do not have admin access in CCB to add this user. You will need to have someone with admin access do this for you.
3. You will see the API summary screen. Click on ‘Add a new API User’ (located to the right of the summary screen) to add a NEW user.
4. You will see the API User Information form. Complete the form with the required information. NOTE: CCB passwords can only be characters and numbers (no special characters) with at least one number.
5. Make a note of your API username and password. You will need it later.
6. Click Save (located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the form).
7. You will again see the API summary screen. Click on the Users tab.
8. Select your user from the list of users. Remember to select the user that you created for the PastorsLine integration.
9. Then, click on the name of your API user (below the "API User Account Details" section) and you will be brought into the API User's information page.
10. Next, click on the Services tab. (Click HERE to view how to get to the 'Services' tab.)
11. You will see a list of services. You need to select the services which will allow CCB and PastorsLine to communicate correctly. For a list of the services you need to check off, click HERE.
Example below: DOES NOT SHOW ALL SERVICES REQUIRED!
Check list in link above for full services to check off.
12. Click ‘Save’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the services list).
13. You will see the API summary screen. Look at the line ‘Your API URL’. Make a note of your account name. This is the word between the double slash and the ‘.ccbchurch’. For example, in the URL “https://multisite.ccbchurch.com/api.php”, the account name is “multisite”. You will need your username, password and account name for the next steps in PastorsLine.
PART B – PASTORSLINE
Log in to PastorsLine.
Step 3: The Integrations page will open (see 3 images below).
Step 4: The Church Community Builder (CCB) integration will be under the Inactive tab (see images above).
Step 5: Toggle on the button. It will turn purple.
***Toggle buttons: greyed out is OFF, purple is ON.
Step 6: Complete the CCB form with the required information from Part A - CCB (above): username + password from Step 4 and CCB account from Step 13.
Step 7: Click on ‘Integrate’. You will see the message ‘Syncing your CCB Lists’.
Step 8: The PastorsLine system begins to sync (pull in) your church’s information from CCB. This can take up to 30 minutes but is usually completed in 5-10 minutes. When it is done, the system will send you an email letting you know.
STEP C: AFTER THE SYNC IS COMPLETE
The CCB panel will display the message ‘Select Groups to Sync’, 'Select Saved Searches to Sync' and 'Select Process Queues to Sync' (image below).
Once you select groups, saved searches or process queues, a list of items will open. We will do an example with selecting groups for syncing since the process is similar for saved searches and process queues.
Select an item by toggling on the switch on the item line. The greyed out switch will turn purple when it is selected for syncing (toggled on). Note the toggled on switches in the blue oval in the image below.
Reminder: syncing means that the data in the lists selected will be kept up-to-date automatically - anything toggled on here will sync over as a new group in PastorsLine.
After selecting all the items you wish, click on ‘Sync Groups’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner at the end of the list).
Once your chosen items have finished syncing, they will show up in the Groups view.