Currently, if you send a group message, you are charged for each message sent whether or not it was a landline, VOIP or mobile phone. Our vendor charges us for each attempt. Now you can check your imported numbers to classify whether they are landlines, VOIP (like Google numbers or another PastorsLine number) or mobile. After you do this, you can filter out the landline phones, for example, and delete them or for group messages, we will automatically skip sending to landline numbers by default.
This service costs 0.5 credits (1/2 a credit) per lookup. However, we have a Peter pays for Paul model. Once one client checks the classification for a number, we record that value across our entire app. When you do the checkup and if you happen to have the same contact in your database, you would not be charged, and we will just display the number type automatically.
For example: If Sam Smith attends Church A and Church A uses us and uses this check on his number, then Sam moves to another church (Church B) that uses us too, he would already be checked (free for church B since Church A paid for this already).
Below are several ways you can check the classification of your numbers.
Checking caller information INDIVIDUALLY / one at a time
1. In the HUB / Messages tab, click on the contact in the list whose information you want to check [green arrow] OR search for your contact [magnifying glass icon, orange box].
2. The caller information will display in the right-hand most column of the screen. If you look at the orange box in the image below, you will see that there is no caller information (N/A). Click Check [green box] to update this.
3. The Check the Caller Information box will pop up. If you wish to continue, click on Check and Pay 0.5 Credit.
You will be returned to the Messages screen and can see that the caller information has been updated [orange box].
Checking contacts by GROUP
1. In the HUB / Groups tab, click on the group in the list whose information you want to check [green arrow] OR search for your group [magnifying glass icon, orange box].
2. The group information will display in the right-hand most column of the screen. Click on the downward arrow to expand the information [orange box].
Now, look at the orange box. If it is the first time you are checking the numbers, this will say Check. In this case, we have checked the numbers before, so it says Recheck. Click on this word if you want to continue.
3. The Check the Caller Information box will pop up. Click on Check and Pay 0.5 Credit (1/2 a credit x the amount of numbers to check).
If you want to recheck all the numbers, click the box. The price will refresh to 0.5 credits x the amount of numbers to recheck. Click on Check and Pay [number] Credit to continue.
You may receive a list of "checking errors". These are phone numbers that are unable to be checked. This could mean they are invalid numbers. You can edit the numbers and check again.
After the numbers have been checked, what do those icons mean?
Checked but with errors:
Mobile (Cell) Phone:
You can also filter your list of contacts and can choose to hide the landline numbers, VOIP numbers, mobile numbers, numbers that came back as errors, and/or hide the numbers you have not checked yet. Click the Settings gear again and you will see your filter options. This is a "sticky" setting, so the setting(s) of whatever you choose to filter out will stay the same next time. You can change this filter as needed.