If a contact wants to Opt out but didn't actually say "opt out", "stop", etc, but instead something like no thank you, take me off the list, etc. can we go in and opt then out for them?
Yes you can! You can manually unsubscribe and resubscribe your contacts. There are a few different ways to do this:
From the HUB:
1. Click the "search" icon.
2. In the search bar, search for the contact by their name or phone number.
3. Select the contact and on the far right side of the screen, you will see all of the contact's information. Here you can edit the contact's name, email, birthdate, tags, groups, or notes.
*Note: IF there is more than one contact in your database with the same phone number, you will see a list of contacts to choose from. Click "edit" next to the contact you need to edit. You screen will change to match the above picture for the contact you chose.
4. Click the "three dots" in the top right corner:
5. Click "unsubscribe" if you want to prevent them from receiving future messages from you, "block" if you don't want to allow them to message / call you, and "delete" if you want to delete the contact completely.
6. You will be asked to confirm you want to unsubscribe this number (unsubscribing unsubscribes the PHONE NUMBER, not just that contact so any contacts using this same number will all be unsubscribed as well). Click confirm to continue.
7. You will now see this message letting you know they are unsubscribed:
From the contact's page:
- Unsubscribe the contact by going to the Contact's Page.
2. Search for the contact in the top right corner.
3. Then click the "view" icon next to the contact you wish to unsubscribe.
4. You will now see this screen. Click "Unsubscribe" to unsubscribe the contact (unsubscribing unsubscribes the PHONE NUMBER, not just that contact so any contacts using this same number will all be unsubscribed as well).
Unsubscribed contacts look like this in the contacts page (grayed out):
For Inbox 1.0:
1. In the inbox search bar, search for the contact by their name or phone number.
2. On the far right side of the screen, you will see all of the contact's information.
3. You can unsubscribe them by clicking this icon: