We actually have two different ways to sync with CCB process queues. Read below to decide which option is right for you:
- The first option syncs an existing group in PastorsLine (PL) to the process queue (PQ) of your choice. This is a 1-way sync and requires linking the PL group to a group in CCB. Only people added to the group in PL will be added to the PQ. People added to the PQ will not be added to the group in PL. This article will walk you through how to set this option up.
- The second option brings the Process Queue (PQ) over as a group in PastorsLine (PL) - you cannot use this option on an existing group in PL. This option is a 2-way sync and does not require being linked to a group in CCB. Anyone added to the group in PL will also be added to the PQ and anyone added to the PQ in CCB will also be added to the group in PL (and to any automations associated to that group if selected). With this option, you can also add keywords with Data captures and/or automated message campaigns to the group. Check out this article on how to set this up.
How to set up a new group or edit an existing group to sync with a process queue:
1. Go to your "Groups" page.
2. If you need to create a new group, Select the create a new group option near the top of the screen.
If you are editing an existing group, find the group name, and under the "actions" column, click the pencil icon to "edit" the group.
(No matter which option you choose, the next steps will look the same.)
3. If creating a new group, fill out the required information (add a keyword if you'd like). Toggle on "sync with external app".
If you are editing an existing group, skip down to step 7.
4. Select CCB
5. Select your campus.
6. Select the CCB group you would like to sync the group you are creating with OR choose to create a new group in CCB and PastorsLine will do that for you instantly. If creating a new group in CCB, you must select a group leader for that group .
If syncing to an existing group in CCB, the group leader step will be skipped.
7. Toggle on "also add to process queue"
8. Choose the process queue you would like sync with.
In order to prevent people being added to the queue multiple times if they text in multiple times, turn "on" the option that says "If recipient has already entered the queue, then skip". (See the Help Section for more information on how to setup and use this feature.)
9. Click "Save" to save the group. Or if you added a keyword to this group, click "Save and Collect More Data" to add (or edit) the data capture (FKA autoresponder) steps linked to this group. You will be taken to a new page where you will edit and personalize your data capture (FKA autoresponder) even more.