Our integration with PCO workflows is a two-way sync and integrates with workflows.
NOTE: Before you begin...Who set up your API?
Did the person who initially set up your API connection have access to the workflow(s), list(s), etc. which you are accessing? If not, the things you are trying to do may not work. Please take a moment to check this.
You will first need to start with a group in PastorsLine.
If you have an existing group, simply click Edit (pencil icon) next to the group, and follow the steps under Parts 2 & 3 (below).
If you need to create a new group, start with Part 1:
Part 1: Creating a group in PastorsLine
1. Click on "Groups" in the far left menu (gold arrow below).
2. Then click on Create New (brown box above).
3. Type in your Group Name.
4. Toggle on Add Keyword(s) [brown box above]. The toggle switch will turn purple. Adding a keyword triggers more data capture (FKA autoresponder) options. Note: You do have to have a keyword to use a data capture (FKA autoresponder), but you do not have to have a keyword to create a group.
As you can see above, you now have two options: Local Numbers or Short code. The following article will walk you through these options. We suggest you open the link in a new tab, so you ca return to this article more easily. https://help.pastorsline.com/en/articles/4459253-adding-keywords-to-a-group
5. Click "Save" if you do NOT want to add a data capture to this group (this can always be added at a later time) —OR— Click "Save and Collect More Data" if you want to connect a data capture to this group now.
Part 2: Syncing your group to your PCO account and adding the workflow integration
SETUP: Choosing the group you want to sync (if you are editing an existing group)
***Note: if you are continuing with setting up a new group, skip this part and scroll down to Setting up the Sync.***
In the Groups page, find the group you want to sync to your PCO account and click Edit (pencil icon, brown circle below).
SETTING UP THE SYNC
1. Toggle on the ‘Sync with an external app’ button (brown box below). It will turn from greyed out to purple.
2. Click on the Select External App dropdown menu arrow (light blue circle in dark blue box above). Choose PCO from the dropdown menu.
3. Click on the Select PCO List dropdown menu arrow (gold circle in yellow box above). Choose the list you want this group synced with (OR choose no list if you only want to add new profiles to PCO and do not have a list to sync with).
If do not see your PCO list in the options, click HERE.
4. Next, choose the workflow you would like the contact added to when they are added to the PastorsLine group (this can be done either manually or when they text the keyword associated with the group). To choose workflow, toggle on the Workflow button [brown box below]. The button will turn purple.
Then, click on the dropdown menu arrow (gold circle below) and choose your workflow from the list which opens (blue arrow below).
Lastly, decide on the following two options:
6. Click Save if you do NOT want to add a data capture to this group (this can always be added at a later time) —OR— Click "Save and Collect More Data" if you want to connect a data capture to this group now.
Part 3: Connecting to a Automated Messages Campaign (AMC) / Data Capture
1. Toggle on the Add to an Automated Messages Campaign button. It will turn purple.
2. Click on the arrow to open the dropdown list and choose the AMC you want to add this group to.
3. Click SAVE.