I now have an external app integration with PastorsLine. How do I merge my pre-integration PastorsLine groups into my now-integrated external app?
To access your groups:
After logging in to PastorsLine, go to your Groups and Keywords page. Groups that are not linked to an integration will not have any icons in their Type column.
To send group information to your external app by creating a new, synced group:
- Click on Edit (pencil icon in the Actions column). The Edit Group box will pop up.
- Toggle the button next to the “Sync with external app?” question, so that it becomes green.
- Fill in / choose the rest of the items (app name, campus, etc.) for a new group.
Note: For Planning Center (PCO), click ‘No List’ when prompted to Select PCO List.
- Click on Save to complete the process.
You should now see the icon of the external app integration in the Type column of the newly integrated group.
To send group information to your external app by adding a PastorsLine-only group to a group already synced with your external app:
- From the Groups and Keywords page, click on View (eye icon in the Actions column) of the already-synced group. The Group Details page will appear.
- Click on Add contact(s) to this group. The Add Contacts to this Group box will pop up.
- Add contacts by entire group.
- Click on Add to complete the process.
The information in the non-synced group will be sent to the synced group you chose AND sent to your external app.
To see and manage any duplicate contacts:
Our Smart Syncing feature reduces the number of duplicates and make those which occur easier to handle.
- From the Groups and Keywords page, click on View (eye icon in the Actions column). The Group Details page will appear.
- Click on the Pending Duplicates tab to see a list.
- Click on the Resolve Dupes and Sync tab to deal with these possible duplicate contacts. Watch this video for exactly how to do this.