Mailchimp lets you manage email lists and send email in bulk. By linking your accounts, you'll be able to send single and group texts, and Automated Email Messages, update your MailChimp lists with the lists (Dec 2018) you've created in PastorsLine, and then email those lists through MailChimp (Dec 2018). MailChimp is free for lists up to 2000 members and less than 12,000 monthly emails. This integration is included free for all users.
Learn more about this integration and review Mailchimp's pricing.
Need to know how to sign up for a free account with MailChimp? Check out this video:
The MailChimp Integration is now in public beta. It's a one-way integration where you can pull in your lists and groups from MC to PastorsLine. You can also send automated email messages using our Automated Messages campaign.
How to setup the integration
1. Go to your integrations page
2. Click the "Free" tab
3. In the MailChimp section, toggle the integration to "On"
4. Click "Authorize Application"
5. You will be brought to a new screen where you can log into your MailChimp account
6. You will now be redirected back to your PastorsLine account
7. Now the integration is set up and we will begin to sync your account. Once this is finished, you will receive an email confirmation that the sync has been completed. This initial sync can take some time to complete.
8. Once the sync is complete, you can go back into your integration page, under MailChimp, and choose which lists and groups you want to sync with PastorsLine.
All of your contacts do come over into PastorsLine when you turn on the integration with Mailchimp. What we do during your initial sync is we get ALL the audiences AND we get ALL the contacts in each audiences and treat them separate and bring those over into your PastorsLine account.
That means if you have a contact with email address firstname.lastname@example.org in both Audience 1 and Audience 2 in your MailChimp account, you would see 2 records of email@example.com get imported into PastorsLine. the reason for this one is in MC, if you delete firstname.lastname@example.org from Audience 1, the other email is still going to stay in Audience 2. Each contact in specific audiences are treated differently in MailChimp, so they are treated differently in PastorsLine.
More helpful articles:
Set up automated email msgs using MailChimp Integration?
Creating A List
Creating A Template
Verify Your Email Domain
Create New List Group
My Mailchimp Subscriber is Labeled as "Cleaned"
What are the different types of contacts in MailChimp?