Correction: 18 Services. The latest services, 'merged_individuals', is used to help us manage your CCB duplicate profiles that have been merged in CCB, and 'queue_individuals' is for our additional integration with process queues.
Integrating PastorsLine and CCB gives your church improved communication and better relationships with your church members and first-time guests. Integration also reduces your workload. For example:
- You have already created contacts and groups on CCB. You have already captured important data. Why do it all over again? Just integrate with PastorsLine and enjoy the fruits of your previous labors.
- On CCB, data is captured via a form. On PastorsLine, it is captured via text message. Easier for you and your subscribers. So, capture the data on PastorsLine and send it back to CCB.
- As your church grows with PastorsLine, you will most likely be adding new subscribers and new groups. All this can be synced back to CCB, keeping both apps up-to-date.
How to set up the integration
Step 1 – CCB
1. Login to your CCB account. NOTE: You will need to login as an administrator (or as someone with admin privileges) to create a new API user.
2. Click on ‘Settings’ (Gear Icon). Click on ‘API’. Note: if you do NOT see the option to select 'API', you do not have admin access in CCB to add this user. You will need to have someone with admin access do this for you.
3. You will see the API summary screen. Click on ‘Add a new API User’ (located to the right of the summary screen) to add a NEW user.
4. You will see the New API user form. Complete the form with the required information. NOTE: CCB passwords can only be characters and numbers (no special characters) with at least one number.
5. Make a note of your API username and password. You will need it later.
6. Click ‘Save’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the form).
7. You will again see the API summary screen. Click on the ‘Users’ tab.
8. Select your user from the list of users.
9. Then, click on the name of your API user (below the "API User Account Details" section) and you will be brought into the API User's information page.
10. Next, click on the ‘Services’ tab. (Click HERE to view how to get to the 'Services' tab).
11. You will see a list of services. You need to select the services which will allow CCB and PastorsLine to communicate correctly. Select each of these 16 services (For a list view, go HERE): 1. add_individual_to_group 2. add_individual_to_queue 3. campus_list 4. create_group 5. create_individual 6. group_participants 7. group_profiles 8. individual_profiles 9. individual_profile_from_id 10. individual_queues 11. individual_search 12. process_list 13. update_group 14. update_individual. 15. execute_search 16. search_list 17.merged_individuals 18. 'queue_individuals'
12. Click ‘Save’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner of the services list).
13. You will see the API summary screen. Look at the line ‘Your API URL’. Make a note of your account name. This is the word between the double slash and the ‘.ccbchurch’. For example, in the URL “https://multisite.ccbchurch.com/api.php”, the account name is “multisite”. You will need your username, password and account name for the next steps in PastorsLine.
Step 2 – PastorsLine
1. Login to your PastorsLine account.
2. You will see the Dashboard screen. Click on your name in the top right corner.
3. Select "Integrations"
4. To turn on the CCB integration, click on the dot in the slide bar (located in the top, right-hand corner of the CCB panel).
5. The red dot will slide to the left and turn green indicating that the CCB integration has been turned on. The CCB panel will change to a data capture form.
6. Complete the CCB form with the required information: username + password from Step 4 in CCB (above) and CCB account from Step 13 in CCB (above).
7. Click on ‘Integrate’. You will see the message ‘Syncing your CCB Lists’.
8. The PastorsLine system begins to sync (pull in) your church’s information from CCB. This can take up to 30 minutes but is usually completed in 5-10 minutes. When it is done, the system will send you an email letting you know.
9. After the email has been received, the CCB panel will display the message ‘Select Groups to Sync’, 'Select Saved Searches to Sync' and 'Select Process Queues to Sync'.
10. Once you select groups, saved searches or process queues, a list of lists will open. Select a list by clicking on the gray dot in the slide bar to the left of the list name. The gray dot will slide to the left and turn purple indicating that the list has been chosen for syncing. (Reminder: syncing means that the data in the lists selected will be kept up-to-date automatically - anything toggled on here will sync over as a new group in PastorsLine.)
11. After selecting all the lists you wish, click on ‘Sync Groups’ (located at the bottom, right-hand corner at the end of the list of lists).
12. Once the sync is complete, you can find these groups, saved searches or process queues in the 'Groups' page.