Since you collected your subscribers’ birthdays when they opted-in to your SMS list, use that data to personally wish them many happy returns on their special day. Here are the easy-to-do steps: (Planning Center users, check out this article HERE for a "Ninja Trick" on sending Automated Birthday SMS)
- Set up a customized Birthday Text Message. It can include visuals.
- Set up your data capture to capture their DOB in addition to name, number and email address. (This is an automatic text message back that asks for the date of their birth as YYYY-MM-DD format).
- Sit back and let the PastorsLine system send personalized birthday wishes on each church member’s special day. *The system checks for and sends that day's birthday messages at 7AM PST / 9AM CST / 10AM EST
Don’t want to use this feature for every subscriber or even by groups?
Just turn off the parts you don’t want for that contact or that group.
Here's a step by step on how to create your Birthday SMS campaign:
- Go to your campaigns page
- Select "create new campaign"
- Select "create SMS birthday" from the list.
- Name your campaign
- Select the group you have already set up with contacts whose birthdays you have from the list OR select the option "add new" to create a new group for this campaign.
- Type out your personal Birthday message using merge fields for that extra personal touch
- Choose your "send from" number (if you have multiple numbers on your account)
- Select your # of days before birthday. Keeping the number at "0" will send the message ON their birthday at 9am. You can change that number to 1 to send the day before, or 2 to send 2 days before and so on.
- Click Save and your birthday SMS campaign is ready to go!
To help you decide on the # of days before birthday, we now show you the sending times:
To update your contact's DOB:
Currently, there are two ways to update the DOB in your contact's profile. Manual or through a data capture. A third way is still being planned and will be through integrations.
The easiest way to auto capture DOB is to toggle "on" the data capture's birthday option and let our automation do the work for you!
To update the DOB in your contact's profile manually, follow these steps:
- Go to your contact's profile
- Click the "pencil" icon to edit
- Scroll down to the birthday section and click the box
- Select the date if the correct year and month is showing,
- To change the year, click the top of the calendar where it lists the Month and year
6. To change the year still, click the year that is now showing
7. Scroll to the left or right until you find the year you are looking for and select it.
8. Next, select the month, and day
9. Click "Save"
Using our birthday SMS campaigns is a powerful way to connect even more with your guests and members!