Overview of the Contacts Page:
You then can tap into our contact information to perform tasks such as categorizing them into relevant groups, sending them specific SMS messages, and exporting their details to your other digital apps.
You can also import a .CSV file of contacts. The format matters, in some cases, in order to properly import the information. If your .csv file has a birthday column, it needs to be in MM-DD-YYYY format to import correctly. If yours is not in that format, MM-DD-YYYY, click HERE.
To import from a .csv file:
1. Go to your contacts Page
2. Click the "+" icon for more options, and select "import contacts"
3. Click "select file" to upload your .csv file.
4. Once you have chosen your file to upload, click "save" to move onto the next step.
5. Select your country
6. To add these people to a group you have already created in PastorsLine, start typing the name of the group to populate a list to choose from. Select the group.
If you want to add them to multiple groups, repeat this process until you have selected all the groups to add them to. Click "continue" once finished.
7. Match each column header with the appropriate field, then click "continue".
8. You will now be in the preview screen. Double check to make sure the column headers and fields are matched correctly, then click "continue".
9. The last step gives you a summary of your import - it will let you know if any contacts were not imported (if they were already in the database) and how many were added. Click "finish import" to finish.
How to importing using a .csv (Website looks different now than it does in the video but the process is the same)
PastorsLine now allows the importing of address via the CSV upload option, and this information will sync to the system.
Here's what happens when you import a list of contacts into PastorsLine (PL):
1. For contacts with a phone number listed, if we find an exact match, then we do not import it into PL, if there is NO Match, then we create a new contact in PL.
2. For contacts with no phone number listed, we try to match by first and last name, if there is a profile in PL with the same info already, then we do not create a new contact. If NO match is found, we create a new contact in PL
For more information about what is excluded from in import, check out this article HERE.
NEW FEATURE: Easily Identify New Imports to a Group
Sometimes, it is useful to know which people you have just imported. So, when you import members into a group, PastorsLine also makes a separate group containing the new imports.
Let’s say you have the group, Bible Study with 15 members. You import several new members into this group. Now, your Bible Study group will have 18 members, and there will be another group of the new imports with 3 members.