We have created a way for you to use our data capture (FKA autoresponder) to capture the data of your members and guests who text into your PastorsLine group, create a profile for them in CCB and put them into a CCB Process Queue. All this is done automatically just by them texting one keyword to your phone number!
First, you want to make sure you have set up the permissions in CCB for PastorsLine to have access to your process queues. Watch this video on how to set that up.
You also want to make sure you have a process queue already set up in CCB that you want to use. (There are some great webinars and tutorials from CCB that can help you with that in your Help section under your CCB settings icon.)
After you have updated your permission in CCB and created or have in mind the process queue you would like to use, follow these steps:
First, you need to Create a Group and sync it to your CCB account:
- Click on "groups" in the far left menu.
- Then click on "New Group"
- Follow the prompts and enter in your new group's information, filling out the name of the new group.
- Click "add keyword" (When you add a keyword, this triggers more data capture (FKA autoresponder) options). *You do have to have a keyword to use a data capture (FKA autoresponder), but you do not have to have a keyword to create a group.).
- Next, choose the phone number you want the group to be for (this is only if you have multiple phone numbers).
- Now you can create a unique keyword you want to use for this campaign.
- Enter in the fist message you want the recipient to receive after they text the keyword to your number.
- You can choose to keep the default message that is in the "already subscribed box" or you can edit it to say whatever you would like.
- To sync your PastorsLine group to your CCB account, turn "on" the "sync with external app" option, and select "CCB"
- Select your campus (if applicable)
- Select the CCB group you would like to sync with the group you are creating OR you can choose to create a new group in CCB and PastorsLine will create a new group in CCB for you.
- Next, we have a feature to allow PastorsLine to directly assign anyone who opts into your group, into a process queue you have set up in CCB. This feature needs to be turned to "on".
- PastorsLine will always double check the API settings when you turn this option on. If anything has been changed or is not set up correctly, a message will let you know to go back and double check everything.
- Choose the CCB process queue you would like the contact added to, and in order to prevent people being added to the queue multiple times if they text in multiple times, turn "on" the option that says "if recipient has already entered the queue, then skip".
- Click "Save and Collect More data" to edit more data capture (FKA autoresponder) steps. This takes you to a new page where you will edit and personalize your data capture (FKA autoresponder) even more.
Next, you need to Edit the Data Capture (FKA Autoresponder) to capture data CCB needs to create new profiles and send them to your Process Queues.
- Name your campaign something to help you remember what this campaign is for.
- Check to make sure the first message you want sent is correct and you can choose to keep the default message on the right side or you can edit it to say whatever you would like. This message is what a person will see if they have already opted in to that group but texted again.
- Next, turn "on" the option to capture their name and choose to keep the default message or edit it. The message in the column to the right is what they will receive if they have already provided us their name in the past. You can keep the default message or edit it. *We always suggest turning this option on - but if you want to skip this step and no message sent, delete the message that is there and leave it blank. This step will then be skipped.
- After that, turn "on" the option to capture their email address. You can choose to keep the default message or edit it. You can also choose to use merge fields to insert their first name to personalize your message even more. The message in the column to the right is what they will receive if they have already provided us their name in the past. You can keep the default message or edit it. *We always suggest turning this option on - but if you want to skip this step and no message sent, delete the message that is there and leave it blank. This step will then be skipped.
- You should always double check the Process Queue settings in this next section just to make sure everything is set up the way you want it to be.
- The next box is where you can edit the last message they will receive from the data capture (FKA autoresponder).
- Click "save" and you done!
The next time a guest texts the keyword you just set up to your number, the data capture (FKA autoresponder) will automatically collect their name, number and email, add them to the PastorsLine group and the CCB group you selected, Create a profile in CCB (or update their existing profile), AND they will be added to the process queue you set up!